…No deeper meaning, that’s just literally the title of the Fall Out Boy song I’m listening to at the moment. Ahem. Anyway.
Jesus fuck, where to start.
This semester has been crazy, in some great ways and some not-so-great ways. Let’s break it down:
- This semester of classes has gone spectacularly, even with adding another class at the very last minute (at the suggestion of one of my professors on the first day of class) and taking a full-time course load. So I’m taking Student Success Strategies (required freshman class, it’s kinda cute and quaint to someone like me who’s been in college since a billion years ago), Western Civilizations I, and English 112 (a basic required English class, Academic Writing and Research).
- I’m gearing up to take another full-time course load in the Fall semester, along with applying for a work study position on campus (hopefully in the library or the writing center), applying to be a writing/English tutor on campus, and also applying to be a note-taker for other students who request help through student services. I’m also applying to enroll into the C-STEP program, which is a super competitive transfer program that guarantees admission to UNC-Chapel Hill.
Dude, yaaaassss! Bring it on.
- I’m more or less emotionally stable, I’ve stayed consistent with my meds for almost three months now and it’s made a huge difference; I still have occasional moments of panic and anxiety, but I’m usually able to overcome them without any serious harm done. Not going to lie, Xanax is saving my life lately.
- Things with the boyfriend are still great, we just passed the four month mark. I still like him, he still likes me, everything is good.
- I’m not working currently. School got in the way of my job one too many times and I ended up putting school first. I stand by it, but I’m also out of a job for the time being.
- Still dealing with moderate amounts of anxiety that like to pop up out of nowhere.
- I turned 29 at the end of June and I feel horrifically old. And yet still not old enough. I feel too young to be this old. What the hell. Who signed me up for this?
- I will be drinking considerably less free coffee now that I’m not a barista anymore. Booooo.
- I’m broke as all fuck and having to resort to accepting financial help from my parents, which at this stage in my life feels incredibly.. juvenile? Like, goddamn it, we should be past this point already. What the shit. I’m not impressed with myself.